Care Management Services
Care management supports students throughout their experience at S&T. By identifying immediate needs, connecting with appropriate resources, and working to develop a personalized action plan, the care manager helps students face challenges and support their well-being and success.
The care manager:
- Serves individual students through coordination of support services.
- Assists as initial point of referral for student well-being needs
- Provides solution-focused assistance to remove barriers to student success
- Assists with navigating campus and community processes and resources
- Coordinates individualized response and follow up care through UCARE
- Manages complex medical needs, extended absences, and coordination of care
- Enhances personal development, support systems, resilience, and self-advocacy skills
- Responds to emergency and crises needs
- Serves as a consultation resource for the campus on student well-being and success
The care manager works with other campus departments and offices to facilitate communication. The care manager can help students increase self-advocacy skills. Together the student and care manager can develop an action plan to more effectively access services.
What to expect after a referral
The care manager will discretely gather information by reaching out to the student and determine which types of services might be best and connecting them to available student resources.
For more information, please contact the care manager.
The care manager is not bound by the same level of confidentiality as the counseling staff. They are a mandated reporter but can refer you to a confidential source.